The Student News Site of Gordon Central High School

The Tomahawk

The Tomahawk

The Tomahawk

Polls

What are your Spring Break plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

National Working Moms Day!

National Working Moms Day!

Every mom is a working mom. On March 12th, National Working Moms Day celebrates the breadwinners and the bread makers, the educators and the role models, those resilient, inspirational fixtures in our children’s lives.

#WorkingMomsDay

Ever since the invention of motherhood, mothers have been innovating, creating, and developing. They strategize and organize, never stopping until the work is done. And through each evolution, we know mothers keep pace with the changing world. Working moms invest in our communities because their small businesses thrive there. We can never celebrate them enough, no matter how many cookies they make or how much bread they bring home.

That’s why National Working Moms Day celebrates every mom. Whether you recognize a marvelous working mother in your life or you reflect on your accomplishments as a working mom, join in the celebration!

HOW TO OBSERVE WORKING MOMS DAY

Working Moms Day is an opportunity to appreciate a working mom you know.

• Frequent a business owned and operated by a working mom. Supporting a small business means you’re also supporting a working mom’s family and your community.
  • Show your appreciation to a working mom with a handwritten note. Thank you notes are one item that can be re-read for encouragement. Also, technology cannot delete handwritten notes.
  • Take over meal duties for the evening. Any working parent knows mealtime is one of the most stressful times of the day.