The Student News Site of Gordon Central High School

The Tomahawk

The Tomahawk

The Tomahawk

Polls

What are your Spring Break plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Super Mario Bros.

The Face of Nintendo
Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. is a game made by Nintendo for the NES in 1985. The game, which was based on the arcade game Mario Bros., is one of Nintendo’s most popular and loved franchises world wide. The main characters are Mario and Luigi, two Italian brother that work as plumbers, and they are in the Mushroom Kingdom Trying to save Princess Toadstool / Princess Peach from the big and bad King Bowser. More than Forty million copies were sold. In the first game you played as Mario, but another player could join you on the same console as Luigi. The levels consisted on terrain you must transverse, platforms you could jump on, along with enemies to defeat and coins to collect. Each level had different enemies liked goombas, turtles, monkeys, flying turtles, fire monkeys, ECT. Every level is different from the next. Some levels are underground, some levels are in grassy planes, some are in the sky, some are in the jungle, some are in the ice, ECT. There are also blocks that you could hit with your head to gain power-ups or coins. The power-ups also varied. There were different types of mushrooms, flowers, turtle shells, hammers, ECT., that you could use. Each type of power-up giving different abilities like flight, shooting fireballs, shooting ice balls, shrinking, growing, ECT. The places that contain the levels are called worlds. At the end of these worlds there was a castle where you must defeat mini bosses. Defeating these bosses also gave you power ups. In the very last world after beating all the levels you had to fight the final boss King Bowser. Defeating King Bowser allowed you to save Princess Toadstool and clear the worlds of all evil. Each game is also different. Every game has different stories, characters, gameplay styles, visuals, music enemies, ECT. These games, over time, gained a huge following and now is seen as the face of Nintendo, and a face that is very known around the world.

sources:

Britannica.com