The Student News Site of Gordon Central High School

The Tomahawk

The Tomahawk

The Tomahawk

Polls

What are your Spring Break plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog is an elecronical game that was originally made for the SEGA in 1999. The main character of this game is well a hedgehog named Sonic that possesses the ability of super speed. The main goal of the game is to traverse the levels taking out enemies and collecting power ups. The main villain of this game franchise is Dr. Robotnik or AKA Dr. Eggman. These levels consist of underwater levels, grass levels, underground levels, ETC. The enemies in these levels are Dr. Eggman’s creations. They are robots that can kill you in the game. Another interesting feature to this game is the ring system. This system is the same as the Super Mario Bros., game. You can run around and collect rings. When collecting rings you will be able to take one hit from an enemy without it killing you, but get hit with no rings and its game over. The power-ups in this game are also interesting. These little robotic boxes will be lying around. Inside these little boxes are images that each give Sonic a different power up. Sonic isn’t alone through all of this tho. Some other characters in this game include Tails, Knuckles, Amy, ETC. Throughout the different games to be realized the character roster grows. Each new character having a different personal ability. As Sonic has super speed, Tails can use his two tails to fly, knuckles has super strength, Amy uses a hammer, ETC.

Sources

britannica.com